Trello is a visual collaboration tool that gives teams a shared perspective on any project. It allows you to list out tasks related to a specific project and move them through different stages of completion in a visual and collaborative way. When you are working in Trello, you may want to export your entire project into a Google Sheet to edit and view it. It's easy to do and automate with IFTTT.
Here are the # methods we'll cover for exporting Trello to Google Sheets:
- Sync Trello & Google Sheets with IFTTT [5 minutes]
- Use the Trello & Google Sheets Add-On [30+ minutes]
- Export Trello Manually & Import to Google Sheets [30+ minutes]
Sync Trello & Google Sheets with IFTTT [5 minutes]
IFTTT stands for "If This Then That." It is an easy-to-use automation tool that allows you to transfer data between 750+ services online. In this instance, it allows you to connect and transfer data between Trello and Google Sheets. With IFTTT you can easily export Trello into Google Sheets and vice versa. The best thing about IFTTT is it is a no-code tool. That means you don't need to understand code to edit and create automations. All you need to do is drag and drop the triggers and actions you want to happen.
How to Export Trello to Google Sheets with IFTTT
- Create a custom Applet that allows you to export Trello to Google Sheets.
Explore What You Can Do When You Connect Trello to Sheets
[Feature popular Applets and link to the connect page: https://ifttt.com/connect/trello/google_sheets]
2. Use the Trello & Google Sheets Add-On [30+ minutes]
There are a few different Google Sheets add-ons or custom Trello add-ons that will allow you to export Trello into Google Sheets. Notes they cost money and are a little more complicated to build and manage than IFTTT.
How to Export Trello to Sheets with an Add-On [30+ minutes]
3. Export Trello Manually & Import to Google Sheets [30+ minutes]
Trello has built-in functionality to export data into a CSV. You can then manually upload that CSV into a Google Spreadsheet. It's slow and you have to do it manually each time, but it works. You do need a premium Trello subscription to download your Trello board to a CSV.
How to Export Trello to Sheets Manually
- Click to the right hand settings dropdown and click "Print and export."
- Open Print and export and click "Export as CSV."
- Head to sheets.new and open up a new Google Sheet Click "File" and then "Import" to start the CSV import process.
- Choose the CSV you just exported from Trello and import it into Google Sheets!
Can Trello export to other Google Docs formats?
- Keep a log of every Trello task you complete in a Google Drive.
- Add new Trello Cards to a Google Spreadsheet.
- Publish new Google Calendar events to Trello.
Connect Trello to other Services with IFTTT
- Quickly add a new card to a Trello board
- Publish Alexa ToDo to Trello
- Publish Google Calendar events to Trello
- Keep a log of every Trello task you complete in Google Drive
- Trello Cards to Google Sheet
- Create a Todoist task when a card is added to a list
- Automatically create a Trello card when you make a new task
- Trello Reminder